The nonprofit association Aikkiya’s aim is to motivate and engage people globally at grassroots level through a digital platform and has two target groups;
- People who want to activate and engage in protecting democracy and human rights in their neighbourhood.
- Vulnerable people in need of moral support and hope.
When joining the association, you become a Citizen of Democracy for free and take an official stand for:
- Respecting different views of life and lifestyles.
- Standing united against all forms of violent extremism.
- A majority in the world who both want and can cooperate across religious boundaries and pre-conceived opinions.
- UN human rights conventions and the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
The association aims to recruit, support and encourage all Citizens of Democracy through correspondent and digital channels (website, social media and possibly an App) and projects such as music concerts/festivals with the goal of strengthening the civil courage. Citizens of Democracy dare to choose to see each other and interact.
Examples such as helping neighbours and strangers, defend democracy in debates and discussions and tear down barriers between people with
- Food parties
- Sports activities with neighbours and other people.
- Celebratory gift collections for people less fortunate in an immediate area.
- Animal rights.
- Environmental activity.
For those who want to influence the nonprofit Aikkiya association, it can take the form of member associations in accordance with the association’s statutes.